Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

There are many opportunities to find help for single mothers in Virginia, if you know where to look. Virginia actually offers one of the greatest assistance programs in the country.

If you are a single mother and need help, then Virginia will help you every step of the way. If only other states could be like Virginia in helping single mothers find financial assistance, work opportunities, then the world would be a better place. But that’s just my opinion. Hopefully by navigating this page you’ll find what you need. You can find grants for single mothers, financial aid for single mothers, and scholarships for single mothers below if you’re interested in going back to school.

Healthcare Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

The healthcare help for single mothers in Virginia is absolutely outstanding. They have programs available for the following demographics: children under the age of 19, SSI recipients, parents and caretakers of dependent children…and the list goes on and on. Their medical programs are wonderful and you can check them out here.

Temporary Assistance For Needy Families (TANF)

If you are a family in need, then the TANF program will provide you with a monthly cash payment to take care of basic needs. The TANF program supplies you with on the job training, child care assistance, transportation along with your monthly payments. Here’s the link for TANF

Food Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

The state of Virginia currently has the following food assistance programs available: SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), EBT, WIC, and TEFAP. Follow the links to find out which food assistance program is right for you.

Energy Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

It can be tough (and expensive) sometimes trying to heat or cool your home depending on the season. The state of Virginia recognizes this and, if you qualify, they will pay for your heating/cooling costs and much, much more. Visit the link here.

Transportation Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

It’s important to get from point A to point B…especially when you have children…and is difficult when you do not have a vehicle. Please see the link above concerning TANF, as it’s possible they will include transportation assistance to you dependent on various factors.

Child Support Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

Often times single mothers go without receiving any type of financial assistance from their partner. If you are currently not getting your child support payments, then please contact the Division of Child Support Enforcement in Virginia. This greatly helps with financial assistance for single mothers.

Grant And Financial Aid Help

Going back to school should be at the top of your priority list right about now. It’s going to be tough having to hold down a job, take care of the children and go to school all at the same time, but you can do it. Once you get that high paying job and can afford the things you can your children deserve, you’ll look back and tell your self it was all worth it. To access more information about financial aid, go to this site.

If there is anything else you feel we have not answered for you here, please feel free to drop us a comment – and please let us know which state you live in so that we can further assist you and let you know what resources are out there that can help you.

This entry was posted in State Assistance. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Help For Single Mothers In Virginia

  1. Davida says:

    Please send info for unwed mothers

  2. kelly says:

    i am a single mom of 5( 2 of which are only 1&2 yrs old), I do have a job but i make barely anything, just enough to pay my bills.I have tried t oget help through social services in the county i reside in and they say i make too much to receive tanf, eventhough i am not receiving any child support, and yes i do have a dcse case, he just wont pay it and dcse does nothing about it.I make maybe 14,00 a year to support me and all my kids and i am trying to get some kind of free job training to get a better job but social services wont help me.

  3. Joann Elder says:

    I am grandmother who has custody.of her 10 yr old grandson for 6yrs.i am trying to find help for a place to live.i am about to be homeless and i cant get help.please i dont know what to do.i live on disability.and i need surgery.on my back for the 5th timr.have no where to live to heal

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *